Rapier Scenarios for Estrella War XXXVI
If you would like to download the scenarios in pdf format click here
(2020) Field Set Up
The Wooded Field will be set up with an open area in the center, bounded by “walls” on either side. Along the wood line on either side of the open area, several points will be designated as the only entry/exit points to the woods. The field will have designated resurrection points and other locations as dictated by the scenarios
The Open Field will be set up with a town on one end, a castle on the other, and a cliff side ledge between them. Before the castle is a vast chasm with several bridges in various states of repair spanning it.
On day one, the Army will move through the woods, scouting and seeking advantages over their adversary before reaching the more civilized areas of Land.
On day two, the Armies will attempt to take towns along their avenue of approach, gaining supplies as they advance. To reach the capital they will need to fight through the narrow pass of Schnepopylae, before laying siege to the Keep
“Standard Weapons” include rapiers and other single-handed swords, daggers, 2-handed swords, rigid parries, and soft parries. Use of this will be defined by scenario.
“Special Weapons” include rubber band guns (RBG), rapier spears/pikes, combat archery, and thrown weapons. Use of this will be defined by scenario.
Overall Victory in a scenario gains the General of that Army an advantage that may be used in a future scenario. Some Battle Bonuses must be used in specific scenarios; some may be used at the General’s discretion.
- The Victorious General may select their Army’s initial set up, either to Attack or Defend first, in a specific scenario
- Bonus Resurrections x 3 (three resurrections for individuals—NOT the entire army) to be used at the General’s leisure (May be “issued” in the form of a Poker Chips)
- A Res Chip allows ONE additional Resurrection for any ONE fighter. The General may use them for other Fighters even when they (the General) has been Killed.
- The Res Chips carry over from day to day and may be used in any Limited Res Scenario.
- Bonus Special Weapons to be used in future scenarios
- Spear – 1 more spear on the field to be used in any scenario
- RBG – 2-3 more rounds, to be used in any scenario
- Combat archery – 4-6 more rounds, to be used in any appropriate scenario with Combat Archery
Friday, Feb 21, 2020 – Broken Field
· Mixer – Foxes and Hounds: 10-15 minute warm up, Unlimited Res
· Scenario 1 – Woods & Tunnels 30-45 minute battle, Limited Res
· Scenario 2 – Take the Woods: 30-45 minute battle, Unlimited Res
· Scenario 3 – Clash at the Gates: 30-45 minute res battle, Limited Res
Total Time for Friday: 2 – 21⁄2 hours
Saturday, Feb 22, 2020
· Mixer – Scouts in Conflict: 10 minute warm up
· Scenario 1 – Enter & Control the City: 30-45 minute battle, Unlimited Res
· Scenario 2 – Cliffs of Schnepopylae: 30-45 minute battle, Limited Res
· Scenario 3 – Seize the Keep: 60 minute battle, Limited Res
Total Time for Saturday: 2 1⁄2 – 3 hours
Each day is 2 1⁄2 hrs – 3 1⁄2 hrs of fighting plus downtime so expect 4+ hours at the field. Schedule fighting 10am-2pm. Goal is to limit breaks between same scenario to 5 min and different scenarios to 10 min.
Friday, Feb 21, 2020
Muster and inspections will be at 9:30am at the Rapier Marshal’s Point on the Battlefield in the Wooded Field. Fighting starts at 10am
· Mixer – Foxes and Hounds; Order of Defense vs the World: 10-15 minute warm up, Unlimited Res
The Defenders of the Land have deployed scouts on their borders to warn of invading forces. And they are coming… The Invaders conduct reconnaissance in force and have brought war hounds to aid them… Now the Scouts are become the foxes in a vicious game of life and death.
· Scenario 1 – Woods & Tunnels; Control the Flags: 30-45 minute battle, Limited Res
Times have grown desperate and two kingdoms are on the verge of war. Factions on both sides are grasping at any advantage as internal politics and backstabbing could swing the conflict in their favor. A tunnel network has been located with a cache that could aid either side.
Can your forces muster the wherewithal to control the cramped hollow places beneath the earth?
· Scenario 2 – Take the Woods; Plant a Flag: 30-45 minute battle, Unlimited Res
WAR sweeps the lands. No one is really sure which faction started it, but does that really matter? Skirmishing in the borderlands has erupted and the factions are fighting for strategic lands.
Each army will have a single Banner located in their headquarters near the res point. The armies will each start in their own headquarters and must plant their own banners on the enemy’s territory in order to gain intelligence, capture territory, and win bragging rights.
· Scenario 3 – Clash at the Gates; Control a Flag: 30-45 minute res battle, Limited Res
The easiest way into the city is through the front door, right? Well that is if the front door is open. This one is not.
The final gate, the last obstacle on your path to the Land, stands before you, locked. Oh—and so does an opposing force who seeks to escape into the Land as well.
Total Time for Friday: 2 – 2½ hours
Saturday, Feb 22, 2020
Muster and inspections will be at 9:30am at the Rapier Marshal’s Point on the Battlefield in the open field, fighting starts at 10am.
· Mixer – Scouts in Conflict; 5 Man Teams: 10 minute warm up
Both armies have gathered intelligence and hired mercenary scouts to spy out where their Enemy has mustered its forces. Unfortunately, the mercenaries all want to be the only team of scouts to return and reap the rewards for their work. So everyone is assumed an enemy. Coming together in a deserted town on the outskirts of the Land, the mercenary scouts are determined to wipe out everyone else.
· Scenario 1 – Enter & Control the City; Control the Flags: 30-45 minute battle, Unlimited Res
Your forces have fought their way through the dense forests and finally breached the Gates to the Land. Your objective is within sight.
Now you only have to defeat the forces defending the city to gain knowledge of the route to the Keep.
· Scenario 2 – Cliffs of Schnepopylae: Defend the Pass/Reach the Banner: 30-45 minute battle, Limited Res
Having fought your way through and past the City, and having found the most direct route to the Keep, you now come face to face with the daunting Cliffs of Schnepopylae. A single pass, a steep cliff on either side, is the only land path to the Keep protecting the Land.
It is no wonder your adversary has selected this location to defend against your army’s advance…
· Scenario 3 – Seize the Keep; Defend the Castle/Reach the Banner: 60 minute battle, Limited Res
You have fought your way through the Enemy and now your objective is within your grasp. Now you only have to successfully lay siege to the keep and defeat the defending forces. And it is time to bring out the BIG GUNS…
Total Time for Saturday: 2 ½ – 3 hours
Each day is roughly 2 ½ hrs – 3 ½ hrs of fighting plus downtime so expect 4+ hours at the field. Schedule fighting 10am-2pm.
Goal is to limit breaks between same scenario to 5 min and different scenarios to 10 min.